2018-2019 Emergency Drills Report
Hope of Detroit Academy conducts the following drills annually in accordance with state law:
- 5 fire drills per school year.
- 3 must take place by December 1.
- There must be a “reasonable” interval between each drill.
- 2 tornado drills per school year, with at least 1 taking place in March.
- 3 lockdown drills per school year, defined in the Act as “drills in which the occupants are restricted to the interior of the building”.
- At least 1 of the drills required to take place during a lunch or recess period, or at another time when a significant number of the students are gathered but not in the classroom.